About The JBA
Click here to meet the Board of Governors.
The Vision of The Jacksonville Bar Association:
The Jacksonville Bar Association serves as the forum for our profession - willing to take action and try innovative ways to better serve our membership and the public in facing law-related community issues. Association membership will be all inclusive, inspiring members to participate regularly in Bar activities. Activities will be designed to promote the highest professionalism, unselfish service to the community, positive relations between the bench and the bar, and camaraderie among the members - ultimately, so that we all live up to the highest ideals of the profession at work and in the community.
Our Mission is . . .
To Build a Strong Legal Community for the 21st Century.
- To identify and meet the ever changing needs of lawyers in Northeast Florida.
- To reach out to all lawyers in Northeast Florida by encouraging diversity, opportunity, access and participation in Bar activities.
- To ensure the continuation of professionalism, ethics and civility of the Bar in the face of a growing lawyer population and competition.
- To improve the public understanding of the justice system, and the role of law and lawyers within society.
- To lead efforts to improve and strengthen the justice system.
- To improve access to affordable legal services for all residents of Northeast Florida.
- To improve our community through law-related public service.
- To strengthen the organizational structure to meet the needs of the future.
- To be an effective resource for legal issues facing our community.
Statement of our Values:
- Dedicated to service to our members and to the community.
- Highest quality of professionalism, integrity, ethics and standards in all we do.
- Tradition of collegiality and trust, respect and loyalty to each other, valuing every lawyer, through a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- Maintaining strong, positive partnership and communication between the bench and bar.
- A sense of caring for and involvement with our community - working toward access to the legal system for all.
- Positive leadership for the legal profession in Northeast Florida.
- An openness to new ideas and changes that benefit the legal profession as well as the public.